Husqvarna’s new electric mini-cycle, the 2023 EE 3, follows suit Husqvarna EE 5. First produced in 2020, the EE 5 is Husqvarna’s first step into electric mobility, designed with a focus on competition and performance to compete with 50cc gas-powered motorcycles. The EE 5’s new little brother, the EE 3, features much of the same high-end technology, but in a smaller, more user-friendly package for entry-level riders.
Related stories: Read all HorsemanHusqvarna coverage here.
The EE 3 and EE 5 act as stepping stones for young riders, allowing them to feel comfortable on the bike without being overwhelmed. As with electric bikes, there is no clutch or gearbox, which makes riding easier. Both bikes produce almost no noise, making them ideal for riding in sound-sensitive areas.
While the EE 5 produces 5kW of peak power, making it competitive with gas powered motorcycles, the EE 3 produces a less intimidating 3.8kW of peak power. The electric motors for both bikes have a slim and compact design, making them well-suited for frames. The EE 5’s 907Wh lithium-ion battery will last for a claimed two hours of normal driving or 25 minutes of racing on power with a 70-minute charge time. Likewise, Husqvarna says the EE 3’s 648Wh lithium-ion battery can last two hours of normal riding and 30 minutes of fast riding with a 60-minute charge time. The charger plugs into any 110 or 230 volt outlet.
Both the EE 3 and EE 5 have seat height adjustment, so young riders can adjust their seat as they grow. With a seat height of 23.6 inches and the ability to drop the seat down to 21.9 inches, the EE 3 will be more accessible to shorter riders than the EE 5, which is 26.2 inches tall and can be dropped to 24.2 inches. The EE 3 has 10-inch wheels front and rear, while the EE 5 has a 12-inch front wheel and a 10-inch rear wheel.
Both bikes come with six different riding modes, so parents can adjust the power level depending on the rider and type of riding. A key under the seat allows parents to lock the ride mode so riders can’t switch to a more powerful ride mode mid-ride. For added safety, both bikes have a rollover sensor that cuts off power immediately and a wrist strap that cuts off power in an out-of-control situation.
2023 Husqvarna EE 3 and EE 5 Specifications
- Electric motors with a peak power of 3.8 kW (EE 3) and 5 kW (EE 5)
- Six different driving modes
- Lithium-ion batteries with a capacity of 648 Wh (EE 3) and 907 Wh (EE 5)
- 60 minutes (EE 3) and 70 minutes (EE 5) charge time from empty to 100% (claimed)
- EE 3 Seat Height 23.1 inches (adjustable to 21.9 inches)
- EE 5 Seat Height 26.2 inches (adjustable to 24.2 inches)
- The new MAXXIS MAXXCROSS MX-ST tires provide predictable traction on various terrains
- The EE 3 tires measure 10 inches
- The front tire of the EE 5 is 12 inches and the rear is 10 inches
- The EE 3 has a solid WP suspension
- The EE 5 has a WP XACT air fork and a WP XACT rear shock
- Swedish style design and new modern graphics in white, blue and electric yellow accents
- The ergonomics are adjustable according to the size of the rider
The new 2023 EE 3 and the return of the 2023 EE 5 will be available from October 2022.
Visit Husqvarna website for more information.