The new generation Mahindra Scorpio-N was built on a new body platform on a frame. After launch, it will introduce a number of new features that will give it a distinctive character against the existing model.
Mahindra recently demonstrated the new 2022 Scorpio-N for the Indian market. The new generation model is called “Scorpio-N”, while the existing model will also continue to be sold with the renamed sign “Scorpio Classic”. The new SUV, codenamed Z101, is built on a new body platform on the frame and will introduce a number of new features that will give it a distinctive character against the background of the existing model. Here are some key features that are expected to be added to the new generation Scorpio.
(Read also: Mahindra Scorpio is old versus new: what will change and what will not)
- 4X4: The company has officially confirmed in a press release sent recently that the all-new Scorpio-N will be equipped with the 4X4 feature. Although, most likely, this will be added as an option. Given the fact that the Scorpio-N will stand out as an SUV, its 4X4 variant should prove comfortable.
- New logo: The Scorpio-N will be the second car in the Mahindra line (after the XUV700) to receive the SUV brand.
- Dual LED projectors: this feature has been confirmed by the latest official images. The new model will be equipped with stylish dual LED projectors that will give it a very sporty and modern look.
- Dynamic turn signals: this is another feature confirmed by the latest video teaser of the car. This suggests that the new Scorpio-N will be no less than the XUV700 that was previously launched in India.
- Large vertical touch screen: previous spy images confirm the use of a completely new vertical touch screen system that will take center stage on the car’s refurbished dashboard.
- Fully digital driver display: The instrument console on the new Scorpio-N will be fully digital, as confirmed in previous spy images. This will be a big step forward compared to the existing unit.
- Automatic transmission: in addition to the 6-speed manual transmission, Mahindra will also be equipped with the new Scorpio-N 6-speed automatic transmission.
- Driving modes: The new Scorpio-N era will have multiple driving modes, as hinted at by its spy saloon images in the recent past. The inclusion of new modes will add a touch of modernity inside the new car.
- Flat-bottomed multifunction steering wheel: The Scorpio-N 2022 will feature sporty flat-bottomed steering, which will be fully equipped with several buttons to control mainly the settings of the infotainment system on the car.
- Roof hatch: This feature has been confirmed by the official design, showing images of the car, which were presented recently.
However, expect that the car will have the functionality of a 360-degree camera, given the fact that it is now becoming more common, especially in cars of this class. Also expect other elements such as dual-zone climate control, connected car technology, cruise control and a premium surround sound system inside the new car. However, this has not yet been officially confirmed.
Date of first publication: May 10, 2022, 10:44 IST