2023 year KTM The 890 Adventure R takes the previous iteration of the high-performance ADV bike and adds performance and styling updates. Let’s find out what they are.
- ABS is updated with a six-axis sensor that interacts with the driving modes. With the Bosch 9.3 MP system, ABS is connected to the driving mode. When you select Offroad mode or the optional Rally mode, Offroad ABS is activated automatically.
- A new five-inch TFT panel appeared. The display features new icon graphics designed for more intuitive control of features, as well as a USB-C port. Turn-by-turn navigation is available via the KTMconnect app, which connects to the dashboard via Bluetooth. There’s also a phone call update feature — you can set up 10 favorites to display or a list of your last 10 calls.
- The new 5.3-gallon fuel tank received a wider aluminum guard. The 2023 KTM 890 Adventure R lowers the fuel tank and this prevents DNFs by better protecting the tank from impacts.
- The WP suspension has updated settings to increase the rider’s endurance during long rides. WP Xplor blocks are used on both ends, with the shock having a progressive damping design, eliminating the need for a connection.
- You can’t miss the new body. There is a new fairing, hood, LED turn signals and a lower windshield for improved aerodynamics and ergonomics. The new fuel tank received reinforced aluminum protection.
- Additional electronic driver assistance features, including Rally mode, are available for the first 932 miles. KTM wants to tempt you to upgrade, so they’re giving you a free trial.
- Look for the 2023 KTM 890 Adventure in dealer showrooms in December. However, we don’t have an MSRP yet.
- Type: Parallel twin
- Displacement: 889cc
- Bore diameter x stroke: 90.7 x 68.8 mm
- Maximum power: 100 horsepower at 8,000 rpm
- Peak torque: 74 ft-lbs at 6,500 rpm
- Valve mechanism: DOHC; 4 vpc
- Fueling: Dell’Orto 46mm throttle body with Bosch EMS
- Cooling: liquid
- Transmission: 6-speed (quick shifter optional)
- Clutch: Mesh multi-disc with assist and slipper functions
- Final drive: chain
- Frame: chromoly grille with tensioned motor; chrome subframe
- Handlebar: tapered aluminum
- Front suspension; Travel: Fully adjustable WP Xplor 48mm inverted fork; 9.4 inches
- Rear suspension; Ride: fully adjustable WP Xplor PDS shock absorber without levers; 9.4 inches
- Wheels: Wire spokes
- Front wheel: 21 x 2.50
- Rear wheel: 18 x 4.50
- Tires: Continental Twinduro TKC 80
- Front tire: 90/90 x 21
- Rear tire: 150/70 x 18
- Front brakes: 320mm discs with 4-piston Brembo calipers
- Rear brake: 260mm disc with Brembo caliper
- ABS: Bosch standard 9.3 MP cornering with Offroad mode
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITY
- Wheelbase: 60.2 inches
- Rake: 26.3 inches
- Seat height: 34.6 inches
- Fuel tank capacity: 5.3 gallons
- Curb weight: 464 lbs
2023 KTM 890 Adventure R Price: MSRP TBA
2023 KTM 890 Adventure R Photo Gallery