Do you know that PDFs are the 2nd most popular file format on the web? They are the default format for many business documents, such as contracts, invoices, and tax returns. As a result, the ability to view, manipulate, redact online, and process PDFs has become an essential part of many applications.
Independent software vendors (ISVs) providing PDF editing capabilities in their applications can help customers do more with less effort. It also takes away the need to move files from one place to another, protecting against compliance and security issues.
In this article, we will take a look at how ISVs can incorporate PDF editing into their applications. We will also discuss the benefits of doing so and the different options available to ISVs. But before we dive into that, let’s see the challenges faced by ISVs.
Document Viewing & Editing Challenges Facing ISVs
ISVs face document viewing & editing challenges for a few reasons.
First, ISVs need to support a variety of document formats in order to provide a good user experience. In fact, in addition to PDFs, software engineers are occasionally required to work with documents and forms in XLSX and DOCX formats (especially when there is a need to redact a word document).
While it is easy to display these file types using HTML5 viewing tools in web applications, users will be unable to edit or manipulate these documents. They would have to download, open, edit, and re-upload the files—a lengthy process. This kind of setting can make collaboration a hassle and increases the possibility of errors, which further reduces productivity.
Another challenge is that documents can be large and complex, making them slow to load and edit. ISVs need to find ways to optimize document viewing and editing so that users can work with documents quickly and easily.
How Lumin PDF Solves PDF Viewing & Editing Challenges
If you develop software applications, you know that dealing with PDFs can be a real pain. Your users need to be able to view these files in your app, but you also need to give them the ability to edit them and fill out forms.
For some users, this includes a pdf redaction tool for when they want to share contracts while hiding sensitive details. More importantly, you need a solution that is easy to integrate and that won’t break the bank. This is where Lumin PDF comes in.
Since 2014, Lumin has provided organizations with a PDF platform that enables them to work on documents from a single cloud-based interface.
Lumin PDF is the ideal choice for software developers that want a complete approach to document management. It can open various file types, allows for document editing and conversion, delivers OCR functionality, and helps in collaboration, sharing, syncing, signing, highlighting, markup, and document redaction.
Lumin is easy to integrate, it’s affordably priced, and it provides a great user experience. Lumin also includes features that make it easy to work with files across devices, including mobile and tablet support.
If you’re looking for a way to solve PDF viewing and editing challenges for your ISV business, Lumin PDF is the perfect solution.
Benefits of PDF Editing
For ISVs, there are many benefits to using Lumin PDF editor, including the ability to:
- Annotate PDFs: Add notes and comments to files, which is perfect for collaboration.
- Editing: Make changes to the text, images, and layout of a PDF without having to convert it to another format. This is great for creating custom documents.
- File conversion: Convert PDFs to other formats and vice versa, which is handy for compatibility purposes.
- Password protection: Add password protection and encryption to files, which is important for security.
- Redact text: Doubles as a document redaction software for removing or blacking out text in the document for security reasons.
- Maintain formatting: Since files maintain the original formatting of the document, businesses can be confident that the document will look the same regardless of who is viewing it.
- Integrations: Lumin integrates with Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive, which is handy for storage and sharing.
- Cross-device compatible: Since Lumin is a cloud-based app, you can access your files from anywhere, on any device or operating system. This means that you can edit, manipulate or redact PDF on mac, windows, android, and iOS, and share them with others with just a few clicks.
- eSignature: Lumin has built-in eSignature support, which is perfect for getting documents signed electronically.
- Invite others to edit: Invite others to edit your files in real-time, which is perfect for collaboration. Even better, if there are sections of the file you don’t want others to see, you can use the redaction tool to hide them.
Unlock Your PDF Potential with Lumin PDF
As an internet software vendor, you likely work with PDFs on a regular basis. It is a great way to send information to customers and clients, but it can be a pain to work with if you don’t have the right tools. Lumin changes that.
Incorporating PDF viewing and editing functionality into your software product is much easier when you work with a respected company like Lumin. Our PDF editor provides all of the features necessary to meet the unique application demands of ISVs, including an online redaction tool, OCR tool, eSign tool, fillable form builder, and annotation tool.
We start by identifying what your program needs to accomplish and then devise the best method for providing the PDF capabilities you require via our powerful application.
Lumin offers a wide range of features, including the ability to create, edit, and convert PDFs. Lumin also offers security features, such as doubling as a word redaction tool and providing the ability to password-protect your files.
If you’re looking for a great option for PDF editing, Lumin is a great choice.
Get in touch now to learn more about how ISVs can use Lumin to incorporate PDF editing into their products, or register for a free demo to experience its features firsthand.
Get started today.