The Automotive Hall of Fame (AHF), the leading institution of the automotive industry for collecting, celebrating and sharing the stories of the global mobility industry, is holding an event in support of the first Women in Motorsports Symposium.
Women in motorsport in North America is a community of professionals who support opportunities for women in all disciplines of motorsport by creating an inclusive, inventive environment to promote mentoring, advocacy, education and growth, ensuring the continued strength and success of the sport. The organization was founded by Lynn St. James and Beth Pareto and was launched on April 20, 2022.
The event will celebrate the history and future of women in motorsport with film screenings, panel discussions, car demonstrations and an afterlife event. All proceeds will go to WIMNA, a non-profit organization.
Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 16.00 – 21.00 The doors open at 15.30.
- The first theatrical performance Boundless: Betty Skelton and the first part of the documentary series Left behind. “First Lady of the First” – so the headlines called the fearless Betty Skelton. After World War II, she became one of the most popular women in America. Her exciting stunts in the air made her a legend of international aviation, but her success in capturing the steering wheel of a race car began to move.
- Panel discussion №1: Creation Boundless.
Panel members include:
- Pam Miller – 8-time Emmy Award winner and producer of NASCAR FOX Cup races
- Cindy Sisson is CEO of GSEvents
- Lynn St. James is a co-founder of WIMNA, a representative of the FIA Commission for Women in Motorsports and a member of the 2022 Hall of Fame
- Panel discussion №2: Women in North American Motorsports.
Panel members include:
- Lynn St. James
- Beth Paretta is the co-founder of WIMNA and CEO of Paretta Autosports
- Taylor Fern is a race car driver and a law student
- Laura Wontrop Klauser is General Motors’ sports car racing program manager
- Car display:
- Lina St. James’s racing car is a 1989 Ford Thunderbird
- Taylor Fern’s race car is a USAC Silver Crown Sprint
- Hagerty Afterglow – Meeting and greeting participants, signing books and autograph session. Lynn St. James: An Incredible Journey will be available for purchase. Free snacks and drinks. Sponsored by Hagerty.
Car Hall of Fame, 21400 Oakwood Blvd., Dearborn, MI 48124
This event is also being broadcast virtually. For those who visit virtually, A link to the meeting will be sent to your email address on May 25th.
Tickets range in price from $ 25 to $ 75 and can be purchased at https://automotivehalloffame.givecloud.co/wimna